Child Cancer Foundation Sponsorship
A major part of our commitment to the community is ongoing sponsorship of the Child Cancer Foundation - a non profit support network for children with cancer and their families. We have been proud to support the Child Cancer Foundation since 1995.
Over the years Professionals offices and salespeople have raised around $3.5 million. This money has:
- purchased and maintained two holiday homes, in Taupo and Queenstown
(the Queenstown house has since been sold)
- purchased a Family Place in Wellington
- helped to purchase a Family Place in Auckland
- helped to purchase a National Centre housing the Child Cancer Foundation
- helped the associated charity CanTeen.
There are now three holiday homes - in Taupo, Arrowtown and Hastings. These holiday homes give children and their families coping with cancer an opportunity to take a holiday, relax, and spend time together to recuperate and enjoy themselves in a stress free environment.
Quotes from visitors to the holiday homes:
"I can't emember the last time we were all together, this has been so incredibly special for us."
" ... we created a series of special moments while staying in Arrowtown ... images to treasure long after our child is gone .."
"After 5 months treatment Hone was the most happiest and I will never forget the look of excitement in his eyes when we entered [Sunshine Lodge]."
"We would like to say a big thank you for your generousity at providing such a lovely home and holiday spot for all child cancer families to enjoy. It was a real pleasure to stay at Sunshine Lodge. People like you make living with child cancer a bit more bearable." - The O'Neill's.
Read a 'thank you' letter from the Child Cancer Foundation
The Family Places, located near the hospitals, give family and friends of children living with cancer a place to relax and rest away from the hospital atmosphere. It gives the children and their siblings a place to relax and play and their parents have an opportunity to meet others facing the same trauma and gather information on issues of childhood cancer.
Professionals Real Estate are very proud of what we have been able to achieve for the Child Cancer Foundation and look forward to continuing the support and providing more well used facilities.
We would sincerely like to thank all of the individuals and companies who have generously donated goods and services to aid us in our bid to raise funds to go towards this worthy cause.
"No child or their family walking the childhood cancer journey should ever feel alone."
When a child with cancer is hospitalised, the Foundation assists by helping the entire family stay with and support the child. The Foundation does this by ensuring that the families have a place to stay, transport, personal time and financial assistance.
The Foundation also sponsors visits by overseas specialists and supports research into the causes of childhood cancer.
The Child Cancer Foundation is there to provide practical and emotional support to families by providing:
- support and information for families
- financial assistance toward meals, transportation and accommodation for children receiving treatment and visiting family members
- parent support groups and support for all families including bereaved families
- education initiatives and scholarships to assist children with cancer
- access to holiday homes to allow families some special time together.
The Foundation receives no government funding and therefore relies heavily on sponsorship and the goodness of the public.
If you wish to donate:
- visit the Child Cancer Foundation website and make a credit card donation.
- call 0900 4 child (0900 42 445)
- to make a $20 donation that's automatically charged to your phone account.
- Please check with the account holder first.
- txt the word 'BEAD' to 206 to automatically donate $3 from your mobile phone account or prepaid card.
If you would like information about the services and facilities the Child Cancer Foundation provides, then please visit their website.